- Product number 841-008
- Country of origin:P.R. of China
- Length:215 cm
- Width:145 cm
- Tent persons:2
An essential item to keep in your backpack when you want to stay safe in the mountains
- In stock
- With its easy construction and robust details the windsack is a must have in your backpack for when the weather surprises you.
- Two velcro vents in the front can be used as a window
- Eight attachement points for trekking poles or ski poles so you can use it as a windbreaker or as a simple ski sail.
We do not currently ship to your location
Please contact your local retailer or change your settings below
- intended for hiking and outdoor activities
- easy to put up and easy to take down
- held up by a centrally placed central pole (with the exception of Varanger Dome and Valhall)
- good headroom, very spacious and comfortable
- allows use of a wood-burning stove, either wood burner or fire
- easy to pitch
- relatively heavy
- large packing volume
- can't cope with as much wind and snow as small tents
- 3 people, a lot of equipment: Varanger 4-6
- 4 people, enormous amount of equipment, use of wood-burning stove: Varanger 8-10
- 6 people, small amount of equipment, comfort not important: Varanger 4-6
- 8 people, lots of equipment, comfort is important: Varanger 12-14
- The separate groundsheet (optional accessory) has an opening to allow the stove to stand on the ground.
- If you want to use an inner tent as well, we recommend a separate inner tent and separate groundsheet.
- Inner tents with sewn-in groundsheets can't be opened, so mustn't be used with a stove.
What is a lavvu?
A lavvu is a conical tent, originally a Sami tent and resembles a tipi tent.
Our lavvus are:
Plenty of space and standing height in the morning and a fireplace in the middle to ensure well-being and warmth.
Read more here.
What are the pros and cons of lavvus?
How many people can fit in a lavvu?
Our lavvus come in different sizes, adapted for groups of between 4-14 people.
Read more here.
How do I choose the right size lavvu?
You need to think about how many people will be on the trip.
If you have a lot of equipment, you need to factor in some extra space in your lavvu.
What lavvus does Helsport have and how do I choose the right lavvu?
Varanger and Varanger Camp are our most versatile lavvus. It’s our standard lavvu.
Additional accessories: Groundsheet, inner tent, inner tent with sewn-in groundsheet.
Available in sizes 4-6, 8-10 and 12-14.
Finnmark 6-8 is a lavvu developed for hard use and extreme conditions.
It’s our extreme lavvu. Comes with inner tent with sewn-in groundsheet.
Available in sizes 6-8.
Pasvik is a slightly simpler and lighter lavvu (less robust) for when you're carrying the lavvu over longer distances.
Additional accessories: Groundsheet
Available in sizes 4-6, 6-8 and 10-12.
Varanger Dome is a hybrid of a lavvu and tent.
It’s a freestanding dome tent that’s easy to pitch on any terrain.
Available in sizes 4-6 and 8-10.
Read more here.
How do you use a stove in a lavvu?
All our lavvus are made from flame retardant material.
You can use either our own wood-burning stove, tipi wood burner or fire.
You can read more about the advantages of each of them here.
Is it safe to use a wood-burning stove together with the inner tent and groundsheet?
Yes, it’s safe as long as the stove is on the ground.
Is it safe to light a fire in a lavvu?
What materials are used in your lavvu?
We use Polyester Ripstop.
Helsport Rainguard® Fr:
The flysheet is flame retardant and has a water column of 3000 mm.
Helsport Rainguard® FR Floor:
The groundsheet (optional accessory) is flame retardant and has a water column of 5000 mm.
Read more here.
How do you pitch a lavvu?
There are two methods:
In a group:
One person holds the pole upright inside the tent while the others put the pegs in.
On your own:
Put the pegs in first, then climb in with the pole and erect the tent.
In both cases, it is important that the pegs are put in diagonally. Don't tighten the pegs too much at first. Tighten them once the tent is sturdy.
Does Helsport have accessories, inner tents and groundsheets for the lavvu?
Yes, we do.
They include: Inner tent, groundsheet, top cap, wood-burning stove, burner, drying rack, spare poles.
Check out “Recommended accessories” on the product page or search for it using our search function.
For example, accessories for Varanger 4-6:
How can I find the right footprint/groundsheet for my lavvu?
We have a groundsheet for our Varanger and Passvik lavvus.
You can find them under “Recommended accessories” on the product page.
You can also search by the name of the groundsheet.
Varanger Lavvo floor 4-6: Fits all Varanger 4-6
Varanger Lavvo floor 8-10: Fits all Varanger 8-10
Varanger Lavvo floor 12-14: Fits all Varanger 12-14
The same applies to Pasvik Floor (4-6, 6-8 and 10-12)
Finnmark 6-8 comes with inner tent + groundsheet.